Inaugural team of experts to provide valuable insights and guidance on NDA filing of the company’s lead product, VASEBRA™ (celiprolol), for the treatment of vascular Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, and pivotal clinical studies of ACER-001 in MSUD and UCD
CAMBRIDGE, Mass., December 20, 2016 – Acer Therapeutics Inc., a pharmaceutical company developing therapies for serious rare diseases with significant unmet medical need, today announced the formation of its Scientific Advisory Board (SAB).
The five inaugural members of Acer’s SAB are:
- Gerard Berry, M.D.: Harvey Levy Chair in Metabolism; Director, Metabolism Program, Division of Genetics and Genomics, Boston Children’s Hospital; Professor of Pediatrics, Harvard Medical School
- Thomas Fleming, Ph.D.: Professor, Biostatistics and Professor, Statistics, University of Washington; member of the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center; former Director of the Statistical Center for HIV/AIDS National Institutes of Allergy and Infectious Diseases Prevention Trial Network
- Marlene Haffner, M.D., M.P.H.: Founder, Haffner Associates; former Director of the Office of Orphan Products Development at the Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- Brendan Lee, M.D., Ph.D.: Chairman, Molecular and Human Genetics, Baylor College of Medicine; Robert and Janice McNair Endowed Chair and Professor of Molecular and Human Genetics, Baylor College of Medicine
- Stuart Swiedler, M.D., Ph.D.: Biotechnology consultant and former senior executive at BioMarin Pharmaceutical
Visit www.acertx.com for full bios of SAB members.
“We are excited to welcome this team of experts to our SAB, as they will provide important guidance as we progress our late-stage therapeutic candidates for serious rare diseases,” said Chris Schelling, CEO and Founder of Acer. “We look forward to working closely with our advisors as we rapidly advance our lead candidate VASEBRA™ for vascular Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome towards a New Drug Application (NDA) filing, and initiate pivotal clinical studies of ACER-001, which we are developing for Maple Syrup Urine Disease (MSUD) and Urea Cycle Disorder (UCD), devastating genetic diseases which impact amino acid and ammonia metabolism, respectively.”
About Acer Therapeutics
Acer Therapeutics, headquartered in Cambridge, MA, is developing therapies with established clinical proof-of-concept for the treatment of serious, ultra-rare diseases with critical unmet medical need. The company’s late-stage clinical pipeline includes two candidates for severe genetic disorders for which there are currently no FDA-approved treatments: VASEBRA™ for vascular Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome (vEDS), and ACER-001 for Maple Syrup Urine Disease (MSUD) and Urea Cycle Disorders (UCD).
Ten Bridge Communications